The Conference on Sub-Regional Cooperation in Marine Litter Management in Adriatic-Ionian Macro Region was carried out on March 25th in Split, Croatia.
The objective of the Conference was to contribute to sub-regional cooperation in addressing Marine Litter issue, which is also the main request of the European Commission in its guidance for the next phase of the MSFD implementation.
Therefore, the focus was:
- sub-regional cooperation in preparation of the MSFD Program of measures / Revision of LSB NAPs with integrated ML measures / considerations;
- discussion and elaboration of the measure dealing with identification of ML hot spots in Adriatic-Ionian sub-region as well as discussion and identification of proven ML management models with potential for cross-border transfer/replication;
- main barriers to more effective tackling of ML issue;
- underexploited opportunities for highly effective measures;
- ideas for follow-up of sub-regional projects dealing with these barriers and opportunities.
Following attachments are available for the download: